MSA’s Altair Gas Detector Series
It’s what’s on the inside that counts. Individuals who work in dangerous environments need to be protected by the best tools available. MSA strives endlessly to provide workers superior gas detector devices they can rely on. The Altair gas detector series offers a wide range of detectors, all designed with a specific purpose in mind. No matter what you need, you’ll find the right Altair detector suited for your requirements - big or small.
MSA ALTAIR 4XR Multigas Detector
SPI product number: GDE124
The ALTAIR 4XR is your reliable and robust multigas detector that simultaneously measures up to four gases, including combustible gases, O₂, CO, H₂S, SO₂, and NO₂. Equipped with quick-response MSA XCell® sensors, the ALTAIR 4XR portable multigas detector outperforms industry requirements in crucial categories. Safetyio compatible, the Altair 4XR can also provide real-time incident knowledge to any team members when linked to the MSA Altair Connect app.
- Four-year sensor life is 60% longer than the industry average, and its 24-hour run time exceeds the industry average by 71%
- Rugged unit offers a secure grip, high durability, and is designed to resist a drop of up to 20 ft. (6m)
- Cost-effective construction saves users more than 50% on calibration gas, replacement sensor, and maintenance
- Unit features 95+ DB alarm and ultra-bright LEDs. Its large buttons and high-contrast screen make operations go smoothly in low-light conditions
- MotionAlert option tells others that the user is immobilized
- InstantAlert features a manual alarm to alert others of a dangerous situation
- Digital sensor output makes it less likely to experience RF interference
- Exclusive end-of-sensor-life warning alerts the user when the unit’s sensor needs to be changed
MSA Altair 2X
SPI product number: GDE042
The MSA Altair 2X is the first single or dual gas detector that includes industry-leading XCell® sensor and pulse technology to provide unrivaled performance. These innovations, unique to MSA, minimize the total cost of ownership, increase durability, and offers enhanced safety, compliance, and traceability.
The MSA Altair 2X detector offers the world’s first stand-alone bump test. This feature enables the performance of daily bump tests without ever needing calibration accessories or specific calibration gas.
- Large range of single-gas detectors powered by XCell® sensors
- Option for a displayed gas reading or for an alarm-only device
- Fastest sensor response times and lowest calibration gas flow rate
- Easy tests: bump pass: green LED flash every 15s, large on-screen checkmark Bump fail or expiration: red LED flash every 15s, no checkmark
- Now with MotionAlert alarm and sleep mode
- Its molded rubber armor resists multiple 25 ft. (7,5 m) drops onto concrete
- Stand-alone bump test anytime, anywhere without specific calibration gas (ALTAIR 2XP only)
- Low cost of ownership, safe design, and easy compliance
SPI Product number: GDE416
The MSA ALTAIR is a trustworthy high-performance single-gas detector with sensor options of H2S, CO, or O2. This device is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a market-leading, cost-effective gas monitor. Thought and designed for a superior lifespan, it provides two years of assistance under warranty without any maintenance.
- Robust, easy-to-grip design
- Superior dust and water protection
- High RFI resistance
- Easy to read display and highly visible LEDs
- Simple bump check with a checkmark for 24 hours
- Audible alarm of 95 DB at 30 cm
- Strong vibration alarm