Respiratory protection - Protect the health of your workers
Diseases related to respiratory protection represent a clear risk for all workers in high-risk environments, both in the short and long term.
In fact, all employers must comply with the CSA Z94.4 standard regarding the respiratory protection of their workers. This protection must include equipment and prevention, with qualitative and quantitative fit tests (masks).
For example, there are several types of equipment to protect everyone's respiratory system:
- Full-mask respirator
- Half-mask (e.g., can be disposable masks)
- N95 mask
- Self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Powered air-purifying respirators (PAPR)
It is imperative to understand the differences and features of respiratory protective equipment to choose the right one for each worker's situation.
When should respiratory protection training or services be used (such as fit testing)?
- After a complaint
- As a result of process modification
- As part of your regular follow-ups on the respiratory protection program (mandatory)
- Safety prevention for your workers
Services offered at SPI
- Respiratory protection and SCBA training: online, in-branch or at your location
- Qualitative and quantitative fit tests on all types of masks and respirators: at our branches or your organization
- Contaminant exposure assessments and analyses (dust, gas, chemical and biological compounds)
- Support in the development of a respiratory protection program
- Sampling of breathable compressed air (CSA Z180.1-00).