Showa work gloves: innovation for protection
Do you think it's still possible to have cars without integrated airbags? Of course not, because accident prevention technology has evolved, and practices have changed!
The same thing is happening in all fields because some companies take to heart the continuous development and innovation of their product line. Like Showa, who is dedicated to the continuous improvement of its work gloves to ensure the safety of YOUR hands!
Who is Showa?
Showa is more than 60 years of innovation and hard work in hand safety. Founded in 1954, Showa stands for the Japanese word that means balance between all elements, an idea on which the company bases all its operations when it comes to creating new personal protective equipment.
The company has always been committed to offering the best in the personal hand protection market, whether it be cut-resistant, multipurpose, or chemical-resistant gloves.
Why protective glove specialists?
Having suffered the effects of war on his hands in the 1940s, Showa founder Akeo Tanako understood the need to work with well-protected hands.
The market for work gloves was under-exploited and no breakthroughs had been made in the field for decades. That's when Mr. Tanako took matters into his own hands and, while working in an assembly line factory, decided to create work gloves that would actually protect workers, based on their industry.
Did you know that Showa invented the PVC gloves?
Even back then, Showa's founder saw the need to combine practicality with hand protection. It was with the desire to increase the flexibility and precision of workers' protective gloves that PVC was used for the first time in the industry's history.
Needless to say, this innovation is still in common practice in the production of work gloves today.
Innovation through collaboration
For Showa, it's impossible to innovate without considering all the issues you might face on the job.
In addition to the hundreds of engineers, designers, and researchers who do everything in their power to constantly offer the best product possible, Showa always goes to the worksites where the glove would typically be used to test it and ensure that no further improvements can be made.
It is because of the opinions of the workers and all those who trust Showa that the company can distinguish itself from the competition and offer the best for the protection of your hands.
Who uses Showa? What industries is this equipment for?
Work gloves really do cover a huge range of uses, from dishwashing to flame protection. Among the industries in which Showa equipment can already be found include:
- Civil engineering
- And much more!
Thanks to its research and development, Showa knows how to find the right products for YOUR work environment or to meet your daily needs.
Reducing your ecological footprint in the manufacturing sector is possible!
Showa has obtained ISO 14001 certification, which guarantees the environmental management of production and internal operations at its various plants.
From water filtration to the recovery of used PVC gloves from its customers, Showa goes to great lengths to ensure the health and safety of everyone, including the ecosystems that may be impacted.
Still, with the idea of maintaining this eco-responsibility value, did you know that some of the work gloves and materials used by Showa are biodegradable?
In fact, some of the materials used by Showa emphasize the power of combining optimal hand protection with the use of greener materials!
For example, the coating on the 707HVO nitrile-coated gloves (mentioned below) is totally biodegradable! An advantage that not so long ago would have been thought impossible to achieve!
12'' Biodegradable Chemical-Resistant Work Gloves
Developed with SHOWA's revolutionary EcoBest Technology® (EBT), this work glove combines state-of-the-art disposable and chemical-resistant technologies to provide optimal fit, feel, and comfort.
- SPI product number: MGC476
- Thin, lightweight glove that feels like a second skin
- Protects against oils, hydrocarbons, grease, and abrasion
- Unsupported, unlined, biodegradable nitrile
- Bisque finish on palm and fingers
- Chlorinated for easy donning and doffing
Foam Nitrile Palm Coated Work Glove, Seamless Microfiber Knit Liner
Designed to provide lasting comfort and optimal grip for a wide range of applications, the Showa 381 work glove offers the right protection for both wet and dry environments.
- SPI product number: MGG743
- Oil-resistant coating that provides long-lasting, optimal adhesion
- Lightweight coating provides maximum comfort, dexterity, and tactility
- Cuff prevents debris from entering the glove
- Ventilated back of hand provides breathability and reduces perspiration
14" Nitrile-Coated Work Gloves
Offering excellent protection against a wide range of solvents, oils, and acids, this work glove is made of super-flexible, waterproof, knit-lined nitrile, and is engineered with SHOWA's biodegradable Eco Best Technology (EBT).
- SPI product number: MGCY94
- Made entirely of biodegradable nitrile and a cotton interlock lining
- Protects against chemicals, oil, and abrasion
- Nitrile coating protects the hand from oils, hydrocarbons, and grease penetration
- Cotton and polyester lining absorb perspiration and adds comfort
- Rough textured finish provides excellent grip
- No risk of latex allergy
Cut-Resistant Gloves With Flame-Resistant Kevlar® Liner And Nitrile Palm Coating
Tough, these work gloves combine DuPont™ Kevlar® cut resistance with Zorb-IT grip technology to provide resistance against cuts, flames, and abrasion without sacrificing comfort or dexterity.
- SPI product number: MGC623
- High cut and abrasion resistance
- Kevlar® liner resists flames
- Lightweight, breathable lining allows warm air and moisture to escape to keep hands dry and comfortable
- Zorb-IT nitrile foam absorbs oil to increase grip and durability in oily environments
- ANSI Level A4 cut resistance
- Spongy nitrile coated palm
Grey Cut-Resistant Gloves
This work glove offers superior cut protection and excellent grip in both wet and dry environments. Its HPPE construction (cooling properties) and vented back of hand help reduce perspiration and keep hands dry.
- SPI product number: MGC446
- Thin and light for better dexterity and durability
- Ergonomically designed to fit the hand's natural shape
- Machine washable, this glove can be reused
- Level 2 contact heat resistance
- ANSI level A4 cut resistance