Our mission is to provide support, tools and financial help to employees who must take care of a family member due to an illness or disability. Also, we want to support causes in which our employees are personally involved.
The mandate is to offer financial support or to better guide people toward the right services. Submitted projects must be aligned with the MISSION of the SPI Health and Safety Connection Committee.
Each request will be evaluated according to the following criteria. To be accepted, a request must be alligned with:
- The values of SPI Health and Safety;
- A recognized foundation which aims at improving the conditions and quality of life of people and that helps and supports people in need;
- A non-profit organization;
- An employee personally involved in this foundation or participating in an event related to the cause.
The support given to the employees of SPI Health and Safety when they need to take a leave of absence from work to care for immediate family members (spouse, children, mother or father) in case of illness or disability:
- Absence, paid leave
- Financial support for caregivers
- Financial support for travel expenses
- Supplementary unemployment benefits plan, or SUBP, as financial help (to avoid income loss)
- Put in touch with assistance and aid agencies
How to submit your application
- All donation requests must be submitted by email using the completed form at least 30 days prior to the event or activity. All requests submitted less than 30 days before the event will be refused. All requests submitted without the completed form will be refused.
- All requests are answered by email only so there is no need to call us to speed up the process.