- SPI Health and Safety of Blainville, QC has received the honor of being named an ANSUL "Triple Diamond" Distributor as part of the ANSUL Alliance Rewards Program. This level of distinction is a testament to the hard work put forth by the organization over the past year.
- SPI earns finalist spot on the list of Best Managed Companies in Canada
- Acquisition of Industrial Solutions Management Inc.
- SPI Health and Safety honoured by Ansul for sales performance
- Acquisition of Mar-Gas Monitors - SPI Health and Safety continues its growth in Western Canada
- SPI Health And Safety wins the Dwight-Bowhay Award
- SPI Health and Safety launches a new partnership model in Canada
- SPI Health and Safety strengthens its expertise with the acquisition of Protection Prévex, a company that has carved out a choice niche in the service, installation and upgrade of fire alarms and security systems for high-rise construction as well as commercial, industrial and institutional buildings.
- SPI Health and Safety Inc. acquires Prochute Sécurité Inc., a reputable and strong company managed by experts in fall protection.
- SPI becomes SPI Health and Safety all across Canada.
- SPI Health and Safety expands its service center network with the opening of a new branch in Fermont.
- Superior Safety becomes SPI Health and Safety inc.
- SPI expands its range of services with the acquisition of Option Sécurité inc., a company specializing in various customized solutions involving confined spaces and lockout.
- SPI continues to grow as a in health and safety leader in Canada with the acquisition of Superior Safety Inc.
- The acquisition of Equipements de sécurité Global inc., strengthens SPI's presence in the East End of Montreal.
- SPI becomes one of the best employers in Quebec (Les Affaires Survey).
- IDI and SPI sign a contract of $ 60 million with Rio Tinto / Alcan (RTA).
2009Opening of a service counter in Malartic in Northern Quebec.
- Acquisition of the environmental division of Groupe Soucy in Trois-Rivières. SPI was now positioned to offer a range of high-quality products for hazardous materials cleanup, recovery and containment.
- Extincteurs Manic in Baie-Comeau and Extincteurs Côte-Nord in Sept-Îles were acquired, adding a 4th and 5th fire workshop.
- SPI took a major step forward in November 2008 by signing a strategic alliance with Outillage Industriel Québec, a company with a strong regional presence, and subsequently opened its 17th office, in Quebec City. This partnership maximized the value to customers of both companies.
- The first SPI Mobile Unit was created, a specialized office on wheels designed with customer needs and worker comfort in mind.
- The company continued to thrive. The Abitibi-Témiscamingue and Northern Quebec regions became an important part of the network with the acquisition of regional leader Pyrobec. Offices were added in Amos, Rouyn-Noranda and Chibougamau.
- At the end of 2005, a new head office and a distribution center were built in Blainville.
- The acquisition of Hudon Industriel added a 16th office, in Granby.
- Extincteur Abitibi was acquired and announced the arrival of SPI Incendie in Abitibi.
- Acquisition of Pétrin Sécurité and Les Confections Pétrin in Sorel-Tracy. In addition to a new office in Sorel-Tracy, SPI Safety gained the ability to custom-manufacture specialized clothing.
- A year of great change for the company, notably with the arrival of new president Martin Tremblay, the son of SPI founder Paul Tremblay.
- The Ville St-Laurent office was relocated to Laval, where Martin Tremblay and other members of the management team set up their offices.
- Acquisition of Carrefour de la Prévention and opening of two additional branches, in Saint-Félicien and Val-d'Or, as well as a fire service office.
- A major year for the company. The network further enhanced its presence on the Côte-Nord with the addition of a Sept-Îles office.
- Opening of an office in the Montreal area (Ville St-Laurent).
- Acquisition of two local businesses to extend the corporate network to Shawinigan and Cap-de-la-Madeleine in the Mauricie region. The Cap-de-la-Madeleine office was later relocated to Trois-Rivières to better serve local customers.
- At the time, SPI Safety boasted a total of seven offices throughout Quebec.
1995Expansion to the Côte-Nord region with the opening of a Baie-Comeau office.
1990Opening of the Chicoutimi office resulting in a total of four offices in the Saguenay/Lac-St-Jean region.
1984Opening of the Alma office.
1980Diversification into the safety equipment market. The company quickly emerged as an expert in the field, with its focus on personalized customer service ensuring solid growth.
1974Opening of the La Baie office.
1973Acquisition of a competitor and consolidation of operations in a new office space.